The Towson Study Abroad Office invites you to discover China! This country is part of our “Hidden Gems” campaign, because it is often overlooked when it comes to studying abroad. That doesn’t stop this country from being a rich cultural, historic and educational destination. Continue reading to learn more!
- The country’s official name is The People’s Republic of China, and the most widely spoken language is Mandarin.
- While studying abroad it is a good idea to learn a few words of the language, but your courses will be in English unless you choose to take a Chinese language course!
- The currency of China is Renminbi, the common unit of which is yuan (won)
- China is home to the highest mountain in the world (Mt. Everest) and two of the longest rivers in the world (Yangtze and Yellow).
- China is reported to be the oldest civilization in the world according to some scholars. Even now, it has a vibrant culture, economy and way of life. Shanghai, one of the main cities, is always bustling.
The Study Abroad Offers a great selection of programs in China. See what we have to offer by browsing our database! Also, because China is part of the priority country campaign, we are giving students who choose to study there priority scholarship consideration.
Visit our office in Psychology Building Room 408 on Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 5pm. We look forward to seeing you!