The Towson University Study Abroad Office is excited to announce that we have received $30,000 worth of grant money from CIEE, and we want to give it to you!
CIEE is back at it again with generous scholarship opportunities! As a part of their Generation Study Abroad initiative, CIEE has pledged to award $20 million in scholarships by the year 2020. In order to meet this goal, they will be awarding scholarships for the 2017-2018 year.
Towson University pledged to increase the number of study abroad participants by 40% by the year 2020, and although we have already exceeded this goal (2 years ahead of schedule!), CIEE has offered us 6 grants in order to help continue this growth! These grants are specifically for students studying abroad on a CIEE Open Campus Program at their Global Institutes in Berlin, London, Paris, Rome, Cape Town, and Madrid.
These 18-week programs offer students the opportunity to immerse themselves in the local culture while taking courses taught in English from one of five academic tracks: Business; Communications, Journalism, and New Media; International Relations and Political Science; Language, Literature and Culture; Health Science.
Open Campus Grants:
- Six $5,000 grants to students attending 3 blocks at one of the six CIEE Global Institutes, or at a combination of 3 locations.
- Must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Must be a sophomore by the start of the program
- Must be studying abroad on a CIEE Open Campus Program at one of the Global Institutes in Berlin, London, Paris, Rome, Cape Town, or Madrid for 18 weeks in the Spring 2018 semester
- Must have completed Towson’s Horizons application, and started CIEE’s application by the nomination deadline
Application Deadline: FRIDAY, September 15, 2017
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity!