The Towson University Study Abroad Office is excited to announce that we have received $50,000 worth of grant money from CIEE, and we want to give it to you!
CIEE is back at it again with generous scholarship opportunities! As a part of their Generation Study Abroad initiative, CIEE has pledged to award $20 million in scholarships by the year 2020. In order to meet this goal, they will be awarding $2 million in scholarships for the 2016-2017 year.
Towson University has pledged to increase the number of study abroad participants by 40% by the year 2020, and CIEE has offered us 8 grants in order to help us achieve this goal! These grants are specifically for students studying abroad on a CIEE Open Campus Program at their Global Institutes in Berlin, London, Paris, and Rome.
These 18-week programs offer students the opportunity to immerse themselves in the local culture while taking courses taught in English from one of five academic tracks: Business; Communications, Journalism, and New Media; International Relations and Political Science; Language, Literature and Culture; Health Science.
Open Campus Grants:
- One $5,000 grant to a student attending 3 blocks at CIEE’s Open Campus in Berlin
- Two $5,000 grants to students attending 3 blocks at CIEE’s Open Campus in London
- Two $5,000 grants to students attending 3 blocks at CIEE’s Open Campus in Paris
- One $5,000 grant to a student attending 3 blocks on CIEE’s Open Campus in Rome
Global Scholars Grants:
- Two $10,000 grants to students committed to living and learning in 3 of the 4 Global Institute sites in a single semester (Berlin, London, Paris, Rome)
- Must have a 2.75 cumulative GPA for the $5,000 grants and a 3.0 cumulative GPA for the Global Scholars grants
- Must be a sophomore by the start of the program
- Must be studying abroad on a CIEE Open Campus Program at one of the Global Institutes in Berlin, London, Paris, or Rome for 18 weeks in the Spring 2017 semester
- Must have completed Towson’s Horizons application, and started CIEE’s application by the nomination deadline
Application Deadline (EXTENDED): FRIDAY, September 23, 2016
Don’t miss out on this great opportunity!