Will you be the next Study Abroad Peer Advisor?
Your international experience doesn’t have to end just because you’re home! Become a TU Study Abroad Peer Advisor and gain valuable work experience while helping other students navigate their way through the study abroad process. Peer Advisors are paid student employees in the TU Study Abroad Office. You must be a TU study abroad returnee to be eligible to apply. We are currently looking for THREE Peer Advisors to join the Study Abroad team beginning fall 2016!
What does a peer advisor do?
- Greet and assist visitors in the Study Abroad Office. These can be students, faculty, parents, staff, you name it
- Answer the phone and schedule appointments for the full time staff
- Assist with data entry in our online application system and maintain files
- Coordinate our social media efforts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blog)
- Conduct Study Abroad 101 information sessions
- Conduct Study Abroad 201 group advising meetings
- Attend and staff office events such as orientations and the Study Abroad Fair
- Present in classes across campus to promote Study Abroad
- Work with staff on projects such as the quarterly newsletter, photo contest, scholarship process and many more
- Initiate new projects that help promote study abroad and improve services to our students
Am I qualified?
- If you are currently abroad or have recently returned from an approved study abroad program, you are eligible to apply
- Candidates must be able to work 10-15 hours per week for at least two consecutive semesters (students graduating at the end of the fall 2016 semester should not apply)
- Applicants should have previous work experience in an office setting, good organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Communication is key! Written and verbal representation of our office is important
- Experience with Adobe products, Microsoft Office and social media platforms is extremely useful
- Applicants should demonstrate a clear enthusiasm for study abroad!
- We’re pretty cool people. We love to travel and work with the Towson community to increase study abroad knowledge and opportunities around campus. If that sounds like fun to you, get that application in!
For full consideration please complete the Study Abroad Peer Advisor Application by Monday, April 4, 2016, AND email a current resume and a copy of your anticipated fall 2016 class schedule (if available at time of application) to email@example.com.
Please contact the TU Study Abroad Office with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 410-704-2451.