The Towson Study Abroad office is hiring for two peer advisors to start in Fall 2015. Want to join our awesome team? Read on.
What does a peer advisor do?
– Greet and assist visitors in the Study Abroad Office. These can be students, faculty, parents, staff, you name it.
– Answer the phone and schedule appointments for the full time staff.
– Assist with data entry in our online application system.
– Conduct Study Abroad 101 information sessions.
– Attend and staff office events such as orientations and study abroad fairs.
– Present in classes throughout campus to promote the study abroad experience.
– Work with staff on projects such as newsletter, photo contest, scholarship process and many more.
Am I qualified?
– If you are currently abroad or have recently returned from an approved TU study abroad program, you are eligible to apply.
– Applicants should have some previous work experience in an office setting.
– Communication is key! Written and verbal representation of our office is important.
– Experience with Adobe products, Microsoft Office and social media platforms is extremely useful.
– Applicants should be detail oriented, flexible, and have a great sense of humor!
– Starting salary is $8.00 an hour.
– Applicants must be able to work 10-15 hours per week for at least two consecutive semesters. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
– We’re pretty cool people. We love to travel and work with the Towson community to increase study abroad knowledge and opportunities around campus. If that sounds like fun to you, get that application in.
For full consideration please complete the Study Abroad Peer Advisor Application by Monday, April 6, 2015. The application be found online here: http://goo.gl/forms/hS7MaKh7cV
Please contact Kelly Holland with any questions or concerns at email@example.com or 410-704-2451.